Saturday 6 July 2013

Celebratory Crab Cakes



Tonight I wanted to make something different. I don’t usually make seafood, as the husband is repulsed by it, however he is working tonight and I am celebrating losing another inch off my waist.

Oh, I haven’t shared have I?!

                                
I have been working hard since my “month of hell”, which I will blog about next, but that is neither here nor there. 

Anyways on to something different, I decided to make Crab Cakes with Fresh Lemon.



Crab Cakes, 311 calories




They turned out AMAZING! My 6 year old asked “mommy, are these made out of marshmallows?”
And to top it off, they are only 311 calories for TWO crab cakes. WIN!


Recipe:
2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
1/3 cup fat-free milk
1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon canola oil
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon seafood seasoning
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 pouches (3.53 ounces EACH) premium crabmeat, drained
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
8 lemon wedges

·         In a large bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, sauté red pepper and onions in oil until tender. Remove from the heat.

amysmamamania.blogspot.com
·         Add the egg whites, mayonnaise, flour, parsley, lemon juice, seafood seasoning and cayenne to the reserved cornmeal mixture; mix well. Fold in the crab, corn and red pepper mixture.
amysmamamania.blogspot.com

amysmamamania.blogspot.com
·         Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; drop crab mixture by scant ½ cupfuls into the pan. Press into ¾-in. thick patties.    Cook in batches over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each     side or until golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges.

YIELD: 4 servings
NUTRITION FACTS: 2 crab cakes equals: 311 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment