Tuesday 14 August 2012

Day 3: Recovery what?

Well, I was looking forward to today? You know why? Because I was told I was only going to be doing a 30 minute, low intensity Cardio Recovery.

With a cover like this..

Well...

Someone lied to me! Yes, it is true I wasn't jumping all over the place and it is the lowest intensity workout in Insanity. However, I had to hold the pose longer than humanly possible.

What do I mean by that?

Full body butt lifts

I mean that by slowing down the movements, and focusing on the resistance of your own body, that you are working harder. I still was covered in sweat by the end of this 49 minute workout with few breaks (usually just going into child's pose to help stretch out).


Side Obliques

Every pose, works your core as you keep it engaged through out the each set. Lifting your leg up while in plank works your side obliques. You are working every target area and doing it slowly. Which can be painful when you just want to lay down after four days of high pace Insanity.

This turned into torture.

 You do each set on each side, going from 16, to 8 to 4 to 2 sets each. I am definitely feeling it today. And up tomorrow? Pure Cardio! Wish me luck =)

No comments:

Post a Comment