Tuesday 14 August 2012

Day 2 and HRM

I know I didn't post yesterday, however I did do my second (or third if you count the fit test, I'm not) day of Insanity®.

I never thought I would say this, however, if I had to do one more squat yesterday I was going to go down swinging (at the person making me do them)! I believe yesterdays Cardio Power and Resistance was easier than the Ploy Cardio Circuit.


That being said, V push ups, traveling push ups and power jacks are not my best friend.


 V push ups

I have learned how uncoordinated I am.Though I had TONS of energy left over yesterday, so we (the family) went for a walk!


After day 2, shirt is soaked!

 I finally received my new heart rate monitor! YAY! I does have a chest strap, so I am hoping it is more accurate and I can get a good grasp on how much I am burning while working out. You can find different formulas, Livestrong offers this:

Women use the following formula: Calories Burned = [(Age x 0.074) -- (Weight x 0.05741) + (Heart Rate x 0.4472) -- 20.4022] x Time / 4.184.

It is also a good idea to keep a check on your heart rate during high intensity work outs.


Today's agenda: Cardio Recovery. BRING IT! I am ready =)

No comments:

Post a Comment