Tuesday 30 October 2012

A New Direction

First, I want to say thank you o everyone for your overwhelming support over my last blog. It just shows me how great of a support system I've been blessed with. I wouldn't be where I am today without every single one of you.

Now, I know there comes a point in everyone's life where you go "So, what now?" I don't mean in the, someone bothering you over and over and just asked you for a favor; I mean more as reaching a goal, finishing a challenge, school or finally being where you always wanted to be. That is where a new direction comes in.

Take the time to celebrate your achievement, you've earned it. You did it! That's awesome, now time for a new challenge and/or goal.

Here is a perfect example:

Me :)
I finally reached my goal of 170lbs (remember, I started at 275lbs). I am thrilled, however far from done. My new direction has taken many forms.

The first one is signing up for both a half and full marathon in 2013.

The half marathon is known as The Colorado Marathon. It takes place in May of 2013 in Ft. Collins, CO. It is one of the fastest courses around (and a Boston qualifier), as you are running down hil during the whole race. It is known for its breath taking (pun intended) views and scenery, fast pace, and all around fun run. I have set my goal of a finish time of 2 hours. Here comes some serious training! If you would like more information on the Colorado Marathon, visit www.ftcollinsmarathon.com


The full marathon is probably one of the most known marathons around, The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon It takes place in October 2013, in the heart of Denver. Ever since I started my adventure in running, I've wanted to do a Rock 'n' Roll. What more would one ask for than a course filled with live music?! I mean, if your going to be running 26.2 miles, you would want all the entertainment you can get. Another great thing about the Rock 'n' Roll is the huge concert at he finish line If you would like more information about doing The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in the Mile High City, you can go to runrocknroll.competitor.com/denver. No goal time as of yet, I will update as it gets closer.

The next direction I have decided to go, comes in the form of school and a business opportunity.

For school, I have decided to apply to ASU (Arizona State University) for a BS in Health Science, with an interest in Healthy Lifestyle Coaching.

After I finish that up, I want to apply to CU for my MPT (Master of Physical Therapy). A very long term goal, however I am very happy that I finally found the path for me.

As for the business opportunity, looks like I will become part of the Beachbody family. If you recall, I was doing Insanity, and I'm currently doing it again (I will start blogs for Insanity Month 2 Max soon). I love their products and workouts they offer. After being approached by a few Beachbody coaches, I decided this would be a great opportunity. I have never done anything like this before, however this is something I am passionate about and it is a product I can stand for. I tested a few of their other workouts (I did the Brazil Butt Lift last night) and found them very fun and entertaining as well as a great workout (the have so much more to offer than just hardcore workouts like P90X and Insanity). So here I go, into this new venture.


So in a very large nutshell, those are my changing goals and challenges. I believe we should always push ourselves further and further. It is ok to change your goals as your limits change. It is the best way to keep motivated and keep disappointment, disinterest or from burning out. And as always, if you ever need a cheer leader in your corner, I'm there! You can do anything if you put your mind to it. And I turely believe that, or I wouldn't be where I am today.










Also, I want to hear what you've accomplished and what new goals and challenges you have set for yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment